At Grand View, we strive to be a partner with you in the work of building and growing a spiritually GodStrong home. We have made a commitment to you and your children to help build relationships with God. We know that God will produce amazing fruit from the seeds planted in our children and youth, and we look forward to seeing that transformation!
Children, Youth, & Families Ministry
New Check-In Policy
As of the new 2017-2018 school year, we have a new check-in system for children (nursery-fifth grade) at Grand View.
- Parents need to go to a Check-In Kiosk before dropping their child off at Sunday School.
- Follow the instructions at the Kiosk to check in your children–there will be a person there if you need help.
- Once checked in, the Kiosk printer will print out name tag(s) and a receipt.
- Put the name tags on your children and walk them to their class.
- KEEP THE RECEIPT! Children will only be released to a parent/guardian with a receipt. There will be a unique code on each name tag, and the same code will be on your receipt. (ie: T5Z)
- You can tear it in half if you like. One for each parent/guardian.
- You do not need to use the Kiosk to check out.
- Go to your child’s classroom and present the receipt to the Teacher/Leader.
- They will check the receipt with the child’s name tag to make sure they match, then dismiss the child to their parent/guardian.
- Parents with multiple children will need to keep their receipt to pick up their children from other classrooms.
For more information contact Hannah@grandviewdubuque.org | 563-582-8875
Watch the check in video here!
Offered during Worship Celebrations and certain church events, our Nursery is perfect for infants to 3 years old.
- SUNDAYS: 9am - Noon
- VARIOUS CHURCH EVENTS: See individual event information for details on when the Nursery is available.
PreK-12 Sunday School
Grand View teachers provide engaging and interactive activities that help children learn and apply God's truth to everyday life. We are excited to introduce our new curriculum this school year! ORANGE is a PreK-12 curriculum that helps influence our children toward a lifelong faith in Christ. Kids learn through memorable gospel-focused experiences that emphasize parent and small group relationships. The ORANGE curriculum helps us align our Children’s Ministry leaders with your family. The result? A lasting impact on the faith of our next generation.
Sunday Mornings, 9:30-10:30am:
- Preschool (3 & 4-Year-Olds)
- Kindergarten & 1st Grade
- 2nd & 3rd Grade
- 4th & 5th Grade
- Middle School (6th-8th Grades)
- High School (9th-12th Grades)
Children's Church (4-7yrs)
Children's Church is available for ages 4 to 7 years old. Children are dismissed from Worship right before the sermon begins in the 10:45am Worship Celebration to take part in this exciting, kid-centered time. Teachers wait for the kids at the back of the Grand View room (worship space) and walk them to their room. Parents pick up their children in their classroom when Worship concludes at 11:45am.
Elementary Youth Group (5-11yrs)
All students in grades K-5 are invited to join the Elementary Youth Group, which meets every Wednesday at 6:30pm. The Elementary Youth Group features worship and games specifically tailored to this age group. No reservations are needed - simply show up! This is a wonderful opportunity for all children in kindergarten through fifth grade to be a part of a youth group designed specifically for them. For more information, contact Brandi: GrandViewPreschool@gmail.com.
MS/HS Youth Group (12-18yrs)
Open to all students in middle school and high school, this Youth Group meets every Wednesday night during CREW (Christians Renewed Every Wednesday). CREW Night begins at 5:30pm with food and at 6pm we worship together. At 6:20pm, we break into our small group learning sessions - the MS/HS Youth Group is one of these small groups. This fast-paced group keeps in tune with teenagers expectations, offering music, bible study, fellowship, and LOTS of fun. For more information email our youth leaders.
Youth Worship Team (12-18yrs)
Youth Worship Teams are an opportunity for middle school and high school youth to practice their musical skills, learn about leading God’s people in worship, and most importantly connect with one another and with God. Youth Worship Teams meet for rehearsals every Sunday night at 4pm and then help lead worship each week during Wednesday CREW Night. All are welcome to join in this opportunity – singers, musicians, technology experts, – or anyone wanting to learn. For more information on Youth Worship Teams, contact Alec: email@example.com.
Christians Renewed Every Wednesday (CREW resumes Sept.20)
CREW - Christians Renewed Every Wednesday is on fire! Join us for a special time for families and individuals - all ages - to come together for an evening of food, worship, and small group learning. There is a kid-friendly meal each week ($2 donation/person is suggested), that everyone is encouraged to eat together at 5:30pm. Following the meal, the Youth Worship Team will lead worship at 6pm, as we hear a relevant devotional from Pastor Tom. We break at 6:20pm for a time of meaningful connections and learning in small group settings that begins at 6:30pm. Small groups include: Elementary Youth Group (grades K-5), Middle School / High School Youth Group (grades 6-12), and Parents Hand-in-Hand Conversations (adults). Nursery is available for ages birth-3yrs and Preschool Fun is available for ages 4-5yrs. There is something for everyone so the ENTIRE family can come, participate, and enjoy this wonderful family style worship together. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.