Women's Coffee – 2nd Saturday of each month | 10am
Please join us for a time of fellowship, relationship building, fun & laughter on the second Saturday of each month in the Susanna Wesley room at Grand View. Coffee and snacks are provided. For more information, contact Terri@grandviewdubuque.org.
Men's Breakfast – 3rd Saturday of each month | 8am
All men are encouraged to attend the United Methodist Men's Breakfast on the third Saturday of each month at HyVee on Dodge St. (in the Community room by the freezers). This is a wonderful chance to get to know others from Grand View, as we plan upcoming events and opportunities for the UMM to make an impact in the community (work days, fundraisers, etc.) For more information contact Ron: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Know-and-Be-Known Healthy Food – Sept. 29 | 6-8pm
Food is one of the easiest ways to get together and visit with one another, so let's continue our "Know-and-Be-Known" initiative with an adult Healthy Food event on Friday, Sept. 29 from 6-8pm at Grand View. It's simple: bring some healthy food to share and its recipe – that's it! Do you have something new, fun, or tasty to share? Are you looking for healthy snacks? Looking to meet some new friendly faces and like-minded individuals? Come join the fun! Bring a notebook to record ideas, a dish to pass, recipe cards (optional) and your own non-alcoholic beverages. (Adults only please - this is a healthy adult time to visit.) For more information contact Joie: email@example.com.
CROP Hunger Walk – Oct. 1 | Noon–Lunch, 12:30pm–Registration, 1pm–Walk
Once again, the Grand View team is helping to end hunger one step at a time by participating in this year's CROP Hunger Walk on Sunday, Oct. 1 at 1pm. Please support us by making a donation ... and joining us on the Walk! This year we ask that everyone walking will wear sports team clothing to honor Mary-Ann's many years of service to the CROP Hunger Walk in Dubuque. 25% of the total earnings will go to fight hunger and poverty locally at these agencies: People in Need; Dubuque Food Mission; Dubuque Rescue Mission. The remaining 75% will go to fight hunger and poverty globally. Our goal this year is $1,500 - let's try to meet or exceed our goal!
Sign up in the Gathering Space to join us on the walk.
Meet at Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, 1755 Delhi St. The 4 mile walk begins at 1pm.
Donate online at: www.crophungerwalk.org/dubuqueia then type "Grand View" in the search bar. Or, you may provide check or cash to the Church Office, or to Cynthia Sanders or Jacquie Call.
Journey of Hope Cancer Care Ministry – Oct. 3, 10, 17, 24, 31, Nov. 7, 14, 21, 28 | 6:30-8pm
The Journey of Hope Cancer Care Ministry is a new Ministry at Grand View that provides hope and love to those on their cancer journey. Held Tuesday's Oct.-Nov. from 6:30-8pm in the Susanna Wesley rm. from 6:30-8pm. For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grief Support Group – Oct. 5, 12, 19, 26 | 6:30-8pm
Grief Support leaders Ann & Barbara will host a Grief Support Group beginning Oct. 5 and continuing each Thursday in October at 6:30pm in the Susanna Wesley room at Grand View. Please know that you are not alone in your journey–your church family understands your pain and are here for you! For more information contact: email@example.com.
Men's Retreat – Oct. 6-7
Calling all men - please join us for a special Men's Retreat at Camp Pictured Rocks on Oct. 6-7. Save the date! Be prepared to: Eat Big, Laugh Big, Learn Big, Work Big, and Worship Big! Arrive at Camp Pictured Rocks by 5:30pm on Friday. If you're staying overnight (and we hope you will) bring a pillow, sleeping bag, toiletries, and work clothes. Worship will be led by Pastor Tom and teaching sessions will include Know and Be Known and video lessons on Friendship.
Cost: Both Friday & Saturday (includes overnight lodging) = $50. Friday night only = $25 and Saturday night only = $15.
Food: Your choice between Ribeye Steak, New York Steak, Iowa Pork Chop.
Sign up in the Gathering Space or online here.
United Methodist Women Holiday Fair – Oct. 14 | 8:30am-1:30pm
The annual UMW Holiday Fair is a wonderful event full of handmade crafts, gifts, homemade baked goods, & household items that your whole family will love! Fried bread and coffee available starting at 8:30am and lunch is servied 11am-1pm. The Children's Sunday School will sing during lunch. All proceeds support local and international missions. For items to donate or for more information, contact Betty: firstname.lastname@example.org.